D0nprintup_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7961 phone connecting to a CME

CME - CME 4.0(3)

Phone - 7961

Load - SCCP41.8-0-4SR2S

Every night they forward their ext to the AA

The next morning she un-forwards the phone but the litle arrow about the ext that shows when its forward will not go away.

she can still get calls on this phone too.

I logged into the GUI and checked the phoen. Nothing is currently setup to forward.

Another note - the ext is shared on 4 phones. now one phone may set the call forward. And a totally different phone may remove it. I dont think that is the case because the toher 3 phones display is ok

Has anyone seen this and does anyone have any suggestions i can check?

5 Replies 5

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi D0nprintup,

Have you tried rebooting the phone or resetting it to factory settings?

You can return the phone to factory settings by unplugging the phone and replugging it back in, but when you plug it back in hold down the # key until you see the line indicators flashing back and forth. Once you see this press 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,# and your phone will reset to factory settings and re download the configuration from the CME.

This is what I would do initially to see if it goes away.

This could also be a firmware issue.

HTH, Please rate if so.

Regards,

Justin

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi D0nprintup,

Have you tried rebooting the phone or resetting it to factory settings?

You can return the phone to factory settings by unplugging the phone and replugging it back in, but when you plug it back in hold down the # key until you see the line indicators flashing back and forth. Once you see this press 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,# and your phone will reset to factory settings and re download the configuration from the CME.

This is what I would do initially to see if it goes away.

This could also be a firmware issue.

HTH, Please rate if so.

Regards,

Justin

thanks for the info. I was suspecting it to be a firmware issue or soemthing. The werid thing is,

I first started with a reboot of the phone from the cme.

Once i did that though it broke the side car.

For an hour, the side car would not work. All the lights stayed on.

5 pm hit and i left for the day with the side car all messed up. When i came in this morning the side car was fixed and all the ext were on it.

also the original problem with call forward was corrected too (although that was resolved when I rebooted the phone yesterday)

Thank for the info on resetting the phone to factory too. I have placed that info in my notes for next time

Just to add something new to this, why don't you have all calls for this number go directly to the AA, and let the AA time schedule decide whether to forward the call to the phone or to the AA based on your opening hours. This way you would not have to manually forward the phones every day.

I didnt set this up, I asked my IT manager this same thing when it was brought to my attention.

This is something the owners do not want. Why, I do not know. I attempted to show them how easy it would be but they did not want this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: