Views
Helpful
Replies

Right Fax - Customization

egrinkin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

We had right fax installed this week. Everything is working fine, but some of the canned infomation in the emails is not reader friendly.

I am trying to customize the emails. I have the bazillion page admin guide, but don't see anything in there about changing the body of the email, the from address or the subject line.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hmm I have never had that come up as an issue. Users just click on the attachment. Lost on that one, but i have feeling that may be managed on the exchange side.

/mc

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

You first need to verify that you have your fax cover sheets set up correctly. If you have them formatted properly, when you go to send a fax using the outlook plugin, use the advanced mode and this will allow you to fill out fields that are in the cover sheet dynamically. You can find your cover sheets in the RightFax\FCS directory.

After you are in the advanced mode, you can fill out your "from" information and this will stay in the client every time they launch the plugin.

To get to advanced mode, from your outlook go to Tools-->Options-->RightFax-->

Form for new messages will be advanced Right Fax.

Mc

Thanks for the fast response Matt. I'm not using the Outlook plugin yet. I'm testing the FaxUtil Client instead.

I'll check for the cover sheet and advanced options there and let you know.

~ Liz

Ok, you are using the fax util. What items in the incoming email are you trying to customize?

I know that I have modified a couple of things.

Look under the "Doc-transport module and look at the SR140 board and check the fax id to whatever you want.

Also check the Email Gateway module and look at the FROM: Message and change that to what you want.

Matt,

I made those changes and the emails do look better. I changed the From and the Fax ID. Thank you so much!

Is there a way to change the attachment file name to something that makes sense?

They are all something like this and it's hard to look at.

Ad8c18f09-ff1e-4d30-aaa1-b59e190db4b5.PDF

Hmm I have never had that come up as an issue. Users just click on the attachment. Lost on that one, but i have feeling that may be managed on the exchange side.

/mc

Matt,

Thank you for all your help. I'll keep looking into this, but you got me where I needed to be.

Have a great weekend.

No problem. just a quick insight on another issue. I did another install of Right Fax today, and when using the outlook client plugin with exchange 2K7 and Office 2K7 I could not send the fax via email, but I could receive them. AFter opening a case with Capteris, I found that when you have cached mode on in outlook, the delay causes the fax to fail. You turn cache mode off and you can then send faxes successfully.

Mc

Thanks for the nice rating!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: