Cisco Supervisor Desktop

Unanswered Question
Jul 24th, 2008

Hello - does anybody know if there is a way to audit if supervisors are actually using the silent monitor function of Cisco Supervisor Desktop? We know that they are logging into Supervisor but we don't know if they are actually listening to the calls while the agents are on them. We are just trying to find a way to make sure that folks are staing honest.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
matt_drmmer Thu, 07/24/2008 - 19:52

I didn't think that it was possible either but I figured it would not hurt to see if anybody else may know. Thanks.

Chawki Salhi Thu, 07/24/2008 - 23:10

I would suggest you to disable the IPCC monitoring function if you want to be sure no one uses it.

With best regards,

david.macias Fri, 07/25/2008 - 03:09

there are logs created which let you know that monitoring hs been started and to who but you would need to parse them.

matt_drmmer Fri, 07/25/2008 - 05:36

Could you please elaborate on these logs? I have looked at the log files on the PC that has supervisor loaded and I can only see that supervisor started up or shut down and some other things like 'VOIP auto-recovery' and RASCAL auto-recovery' messages. I don't see anything that indicates that an agent has been silent monitored from supervisor. I don't mind at all having to parse through a bunch of logs to gather the info I need so if you could perhaps tell me the name of the log that I should be looking for I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

This Discussion