Views
Helpful
Replies

ActiveSync with Cisco 871

Mantikorian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I am familiarizing myself with our Cisco 871 and the Security Device Manager at the moment, so please excuse Newbie-questions.

The Cisco is working fine so far, but I came across a problem with ActiveSync.

Our Cisco 871 is directly connected to an interent modem on the one side and to an Microsoft ISA Server 2006 on the other side. ActiveSync works via port 443 (SSL) and has to be routed directly to the ISA for ActiveSync to work. What happens is, that the Cisco 871 catches the traffic and displays the configuration interface (I closed that one immediately for external access) instead of the ISA replying to the request. I ran to the conclusion that the Cisco box is not routing SSL traffic through to the ISA.

Can you help me with fixing this?

Thank you very much in advance!

Dominik

3 Replies 3

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

The ssh-traffic is appearently interpreted by the router as a remote connection request. This can only be the case when the traffic is destined for an ip adress that sits on the 871. Perhaps you are also doing PAT or something on this router?

If you want more detailed help, please post your 871's config and info on the ip address of the ISA server.

regards,

Leo

Hi Leo,

yes, the public address mail.example.com is translated to an public IP-address which is associated with the 871. I do not know what PAT is and if it is configured - how can I obtain the detailed config of the 871?

The 871 has two Interfaces configured. One is a FastEthernet with the public IP of 213.xxx.xxx.xxx where the second is a VLan with 172.xxx.xxx.1. The ISA listens on 172.xxx.xxx.2

Mantikorian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I still could not resolve the issue and am lost. I would be grateful for any advice you can give me.

Thank you very much!

Dominik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card