Hide called number when calling is tranfered to called

Unanswered Question
Jul 25th, 2008

Hi,

My client is asking for a feature he had before on ist old Alactel PBX and can't find it in the service parameters.

Actually when someone call the helpdesk number at night, the help desk transfer him to the mobile of the in charge person, the issue with Cisco 4.1(3)SR6 is that the mobile number appears on the screen of the IpPhone which is A big problem since the guys can know call the in charge person directly without following the procedure !!

Do you have any solution or it is simply impossible. Actually my client doesn't mind if its for all transfer!!

Thanks for your help

Rgds

Luc

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
tim.giles Fri, 07/25/2008 - 02:11

Hi,

Yes this is possible.

Just set the Calling Line ID Presentation on the translation pattern to "restricted".

You will need to go to Route Plan > Translation Pattern - in CallManager Administration.

This means you could create an individual translation pattern and apply these settings to the helpdesk number and they wouldn't be able to tell who's calling..

Please rate post.....

luc.charpentier Fri, 07/25/2008 - 05:21

I'm sorry but it doesn't work. Lets say from 82967 I call the help desk 81222 through a TP (using Partition and CSS manipulation), on this TP I did like you said (and even try other parameters) but when 81222 transfer the call to a mobile, on the 82967 (originating) we can see the mobile number, taht's what I don't want !!

Thanks for your help, if someone has more ideas ??

Rgds

Luc

tim.giles Fri, 07/25/2008 - 05:41

Ok, sorry I didn't understand from the description!

You will need to set the Calling Line Presentation on the gateways then to restrict the outbound number.

You can do this by going into the route list details and set the "Calling Party Transformations" to "off". This will restrict the CLID sending of any calls going outbound (for anybody within your organisation using this gateway).

If I've still not understood this and you mean you want to stop the mobile number from sending its CLID then unfortunately you've had to turn this off on the mobile.

luc.charpentier Fri, 07/25/2008 - 06:38

Hum, I had the same ID but to avoid ALL call to be hided, I'm thinking about creating route pattern only for the help desk but I need to think how many routes I need to duplicate to avoid a big mess !!

Thanks

luc

luc.charpentier Mon, 07/28/2008 - 02:30

Hi,

Are you sure you are in v 4.1(3) ? Actually under service parameter > CallManager > Advanced, I didn't find this parameters.

thanks for your help

Luc

Actions

This Discussion