cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port usage of LMS 3.1 between client and server

rwang
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a full list of port usage of LMS 3.1 between client and server? I need this information to tweak Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) running on both client and server.

The Topology Services can not be launched on client if I'm running SEP on the server. This issue was confirmed by disabliing SEP services on the server. After that Topology Services is able to start on client properly.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

FYI, here is a corrected list of ports. Everything is correct as it is except for these updates:

* tcp/514 RCP is also from device to server (for SWIM).

* udp/16236 is from end host to server, not device to server.

* tcp/9002 is really server internal.

* tcp/25 is server to SMTP server.

* udp/42342 is now client to server (for ANIServer)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Thanks for the reply.

I read that document before. However, the port 42342 is listed only for server internal usage.

I'm wondering how many listed server internal required ports are actually to be open between client and server.

Yes, this is a bug. I'm trying to get it corrected. We had some serious CORBA changes in LMS 3.1.

FYI, here is a corrected list of ports. Everything is correct as it is except for these updates:

* tcp/514 RCP is also from device to server (for SWIM).

* udp/16236 is from end host to server, not device to server.

* tcp/9002 is really server internal.

* tcp/25 is server to SMTP server.

* udp/42342 is now client to server (for ANIServer)

Joe, this is exactly what I need.

You should update these information in the official documents of LMS 3.1 such as "Installing and Getting Started With CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution - software release 3.1"

I appreciate very much again for your great support!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: