WLC Mobility Group problem

Unanswered Question
Jul 25th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi to all,

we've two internal WLC which belong to the same MG (the default one), and one DMZ WLC which belongs to another MG.

All are running OS 4.2.61

After configuring Mobility Group using the "edit all" inserting the WLC IP address and MAC of the MGMT interface and the name of the MG which they belong, I notice a strange behaviour:

- WLC1 has Data path UP with internal's WLC2 and DMZ WLC...but Control path is down.

- WLC2 has Data path and Control path UP with DMZ WLC and only Data path UP with WLC1

- DMZ WLC has Data path and Control path UP with DMZ WLC and only Data path UP with WLC1

MG Secure Mode is disabled on all WLC's seeing the following bug CSCsk36683 (The mobility control path is down when secure mode is enabled).

Reachability via ping is OK, via eping the same but mping are not working from WLC1 to WCL2 and from DMZ WLC to WLC2

I've already restarted both controllers without success...what i've noticed is on WLC2 and DMZ WLC msglog there are a lot of these entries with a lot of RX errors ===>>>MM-3-INVALID_PKT_RECVD: Received an invalid packet from X.X.X.X. Source member:0.0.0.0. source member unknown.

any idea?

Tnx

Omar

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Thu, 07/31/2008 - 17:40
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

Is symmetric tunneling enabled or disabled on the wlc. Are WLC1 and WLC2 on the same subnet?

Actions

This Discussion