Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst Express 500 Series Switch Setup

mightymouse3062
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

I work for the Boy Scouts of America and a few days ago we had a lightning storm take out our Netgear 16 port switch. I have been able to get a WS-CE500-24LC. Trying to set this up and get it working so I can get our network back up is a little above my head.

My current network includes 13 wired ports, 1 Linksys access point, and 2 Zonet routers (I still have not been able to get them to act as access points).

For that matter I dont even know how to find the IP address of the switch to get into it to configure anything.

If anyone could help me out it would be greatly apprechiated.

Thank you,

Mike Di Domenico

3 Replies 3

mohammedrafiq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Switch the sw on, when green light on set up led ( on right conner)will blink, press set up button then, when sw port led blinks green(1st port on sw).

Connect your PC to this port.

when port light goes green from orange, launch Web browser ( you might have to launch severl time by closing , and reoping it.)

in brower, set up window appear, here on GUI you can set up ip and other settings.

Hope it helps

Regards,

I have a feeling that this switch has been configured before and that is the reason I can not get to the GUI. How would I do a master reset or get into it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card