Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE: URL as Rservers

s.srivas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Colleques,

I'm interested in directing traffic to URLs.

Say www.mydomain.com/emails/

which has many real servers that I do not know where they are and of many there are.

Is this a type of destination URL based load balancing.

I'm interested in an earlier conversation (2007) that mentions URL based loadbalancing.see "Posted by: dustin.black - Nov 27, 2007"

additionally I have a separate question.

If I configure SSL initiation, can I then route the traffic, but not load balnce the traffic as at present I do not have statically coded rserver IP addresses, but a means to find the addresses on the fly.

3 Replies 3

You can only redirect (send 301/302s)to a URL.

To loadbalance you need Real server IPs.

Syed

Thanks Syed,

Can I only do SSL Initiation and then route that traffic, not loadbalance that traffic as I will only know the destination address from the packets received.

Sinnathurai

One option to achieve this would be to use "transparent" server farm. In transparent server farm Traffic is not translated. It will be intercepted by ACE and then ACE will initiate an SSL session to the Same Server.

Only problem is that you will have to recieve clear text traffic on port 443. This way ACE will recieve clear text traffic for x.x.x.x:443 and the it will encrypt it and will send it Encrypted to x.x.x.x:443.

One option to bypass this requirement could be to use a NAT device to translate destination port to 443 from port 80 (before traffic hits ACE).

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: