cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BARS restore on new Publisher

Shannon Sutter
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting a message when trying to restore a backup from our current publisher on a new server CCM publisher using BARS.

The message shows after i select the file and add the credentials..says

"Hostname-IP address combination on the (pub name) does not match with the hostname and ip address configured at the time of backup. Please check the (pub name) configuration."

What i did so far is checked the ip and name on the new server and it's the same.

Not sure what to do now.

Zeek

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

u using the same BARS version and EXACTLY the same CUCM version when u did the backup?

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

those backups are able to be opened in WinRAR. Just open it and sift through some files to verify the NAME and IP it was, and plan it accordingly. How old is this backup? Did you takes it right before you started? If not, take a new one.. Lastly, java has a good recomendation, thats crucial.

Chad

I opened a Tac case.

They checked the trace and the tech said the missmatch is because one of the servers hostname is in lower case, and the other one in uper case.

He suggested to rebuild the Published.

I did rebuild it, and found out you can't enter the name of the server on the OS screen in lower case.

So i believe i wasted my time rebuilding the Publisher for 4 hours.

I hope the tech calls me back and fix the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: