cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

File was Skipped because it is older than "store data

pslum_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

i have a mail flow central install 1.4 for a customer. when i see in the status, it show success but remark written "file was skipped because it is older than "store data for" the date". After a while, it stop pulling the logs from ironport. any idea what is going on?

1 Reply 1

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

This message is created in the cmt logs and sent to the customer when the log file that MFC is importing from the Ironport is older than the value set in the MFC System Administration > Configuration > 'Store Data For:' field.

Concerning why it stopped pulling logs, what is the last date of logs pulled back? When you look at that host, does it say failed or success? If it says failed, maybe the password has changed. Let me know what you see.

Also, fyi, there is a new feature that was introduced in AsyncOS 6.0 release, where it kind of brings MFC on-board the IronPort appliance.

New Feature: On-Box Message Tracking

AsyncOS 6.0 for Email includes an on-box message tracking interface that allows you to track messages that traverse your IronPort C-Series or X-Series Email Security appliance.

The message tracking feature makes it easy to find the status of messages that the Email Security appliance processes. Email administrators can quickly resolve help desk calls by determining the exact location of a message. With on-box message tracking, an administrator can determine if a particular message was delivered, found to contain a virus, or placed in a spam quarantine — or if it is located somewhere else in the mail stream.

Instead of having to search through log files using “grep” or similar tools, you can use the flexible tracking interface of the Email Security appliance to locate messages. To track messages, you create a message tracking query. You can use a variety of search parameters in combination, and you can refine tracking queries to narrow the result set.

i have a mail flow central install 1.4 for a customer. when i see in the status, it show success but remark written "file was skipped because it is older than "store data for" the date". After a while, it stop pulling the logs from ironport. any idea what is going on?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: