cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1711, got problems after updating sdm

gluckboymail
Level 1
Level 1

Hi these, sorry for couple stupid questins, i'm some kind of newbie, so lets begin :)

few days in a row i tried to configure it to use it a a router with a nat function, i almost done it, but someone adviced to me to install SDM software to configure it easily without any games with console. so i have done it, and upgraded SDM to ver 2.5 (old one was 2.2), after then i'd made a reset to factory default.

First boot i logged into a console via hyperterminal using cisco/cisco login and pass, i got in with # privilegies, then i started 'setup' utility, entered secred and so on, but anyway after turning on the fe0 adaptor i was unable to get into a console remotely via telnet (guess need to tur it on), however with the previous SDM i did not have such problems in case of factory default. But, the biggest problem is, in second relogin with cisco/cisco account i am getting in, with no prvilegies AT ALL, only as hostname>, not hostname#, and therefore i can do nothing for configuring it, so hpw to turn it on to a privilegied status with #???? do i have to use 'enable' command in a console and then enter a secret, or what??

just let me know, yes or not..

ps many thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No problem, glad to help.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

gluckboymail
Level 1
Level 1

nobody knows?

Yes, to change from user exec to privileged exec, you have to use the enable command.

Router>enable

Password:

Router#

If there is no enable password then you won't be prompted for one:

Router>enable

Router#

You can configure the vty lines to log you straight into privileged exec mode:

Router(config)#line vty 0 4

Router(config-line)#privilege level 15

yezz, finally, it works! :) thank you sir!

No problem, glad to help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: