Views
Helpful
Replies

Time Zone

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

Our Customer have a one CallManager that is with a version 4.1.3 and We are with following problem: The Time Zone correct should be GMT-4, but, when configuring GMT-4 the IP Phone show time 03 hours after, but, the IP Communicator show the time correct. The solution found was create 02 Time Zones, a with GMT-7 for the IP Telephony and GMT-4 for IP Communicator. This is a bug Right? Is There another solution without be workaround?

Thank You,

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What time zone is the CM server set to? Does it have correct time?

There were several daylight savings time changes in recent years, which required patching of windows and CM 4.X, however I dont think that is your issue as none of the changes should be applicable this time of the year.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I am sorry, but, I believe that you don't understand my problem. The correct time zone for country is GMT-4, but, for work correct I had configure GMT-7 for the IP Telephony and GMT-4 for IP Communicator, this is a problem wright? Could be a bug?

Thank You,

Wilson

Wilson,

Just as Chris asked, what time zone is your callmanager in. IS it in GMT-4? As in whats the time on the callmanager? Is the time the same as what you have on the IP phone.

The IP communicator does not take its time from callmanager. It takes its time from the PC on which its running. The IP phone uses the time zone configured in its device pool. This time refrences the callmanager server.

So to fix this, have a look at the time on your callmanager. Set it to the correct time anbd you should be fine

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

The correct time zone is GMT-4, but, when I set time zone for GMT-4 the IP Phone show the time 03 hours after of should. The workaround for set time correct was configure GMT-7 for IP Phone and I created another Device Pool for IP Communicator and set time zone for GMT-4 and the IP Communicator show the correct time, OK? The Desktop is with the correct time, therefore, the IP Communicator is with time correct.

Thank You,

Wilson

I do understand your problem, the IPC takes time from the PC it is installed on. The phones get time from CM server based on the time/group they are configured with, so it is essential that the server itself is in the correct time zone and correct time, hence my questions.

Chris

Hi Chris,

The Server is with correct time, but, the IP Phone only was correct time when I configure Time Zone for GMT-7 while the correct should be GMT-4.

Thank You,

Wilson

wilson,

what is the time on the server now? and what is the time on the IP phone

Please rate all useful posts

The server is with 12:30 a.m (local Time) and the IP Phone is 12:30, but, if change GMT-7 for GMT-4 (That is the correct) the IP Phone will pass 15:30.

Thank You,

Wilson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: