Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing rinter on inside of ASA

I have a ASA 5505 with an inside netowk of 10.xx.180.0, and an outside network of xxx.xxx.23.170. Now the ouside server has to be bale to printer to a printer on the inside for daily reports.

should I just nat the inside IP to the a outside IP.

What would be best practise here. I don't want to comprimise inside network?

Can some help me out?

Thanks

Mike Williams

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike,

I cannot see in the acl "outside_access_in" where you are allowing IP or TCP access from the external server to the internet printer, on the NAT address?

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Mike,

Simply - attach a printer to the server or, bring the server from the outside into the inside!

HTH>

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If it is a newer HP printer, you can use 'Jet-Direct' to connect to the printer using TCP. I think its port 9100.

Regards

Farrukh

I still can't map the printer on the inside interface from the ouside. I added the following statement

static (inside,outside) xxx.xxx.120.103 10.xxx.180.103 netmask 255.255.255.255 tcp 1 0

Then I addedd the ouside server to allow enterance on ouside interface but still can not see it.

I tryied to ping but I alway get denied. Can you ping from a lower security interface to a higher one?

access-list outside_access_in extended permit icmp xxx.xxx.21.0 255.255.255.128 any

Can't get it to work.

Mike

Mike,

Post your config - sanitised of course.

HTH>

Here is me config.

Is the security level wrong on my interface? I have 0 on the outside and 100 on the inside. These were the defaults.

thanks

mike

Mike,

I cannot see in the acl "outside_access_in" where you are allowing IP or TCP access from the external server to the internet printer, on the NAT address?

The server that needs to access the inside printer is

xxx.xxx.23.170 VMS5_Banner witch is part of the Allowed_Out Policy group and here is the acl for that (well I thught it was)

access-list outside_access_in extended permit ip object-group Allowed_Out object-group Allowed_Int

and the inside subnet is part of the Allowed_in.

Did I do it correctly.

Mike

That looks OK now you have explained the object names.

Looks like it should work, as you sure the printer has IP connectivity?

You were right. After I add the permission for the xxx.xxx.23.170 (VMS5-BANNER)

access-list outside_access_in extended permit ip host VMS5_BANNER host xxx.xxx.120.103

Life is good. It works!

Thanks

mike

np - glad to help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card