cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to find out where system connected in Jack Panel

vinothlb1
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to find out user system connected to which jack panel.

10 Replies 10

vinothlb1
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry. The exact question is

Is there any way to find out user system connected to which port in the jack panel.

It would probably be easiest to determine which switch port a host is connected to (via link status, or MAC address table), and then follow the patch cord from that switch port to the jack panel.

Jason Fraioli
Level 3
Level 3

I've been working on a web based application to allow admins to track patch panel to switch port mappings. I tried to find an existing tool, but I could never find anything so I just decided to make it myself.

It's not really portable at the moment as it is designed specifically for my needs, but if there is enough interest, I guess I could work on distributing it.

Have u developed already or u r going to develope .. I m very eager to use that tool. let me know the tool is free..

I have developed it already, but like I said it is not really portable. I'll post some screenshots tomorrow when I get to work. If you think you could use it, I'll work on making it portable.

i m waiting for the s/w..

Hi

please share it with me also

sharan

It's going to take me a while to slim down the code so that it can be used by anyone. Right now it is designed specifically for my needs. I am working on slimming it down, and will re-post when it is complete.

Do remember to send the s/w..

I would also be interested in looking at something like this.

Thanks,

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card