cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Problems

sreekanth sarma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all i am using a 2801 series router with ASA 5520 series firewall behind it and earlier i had 4 Mbps ISP connectivity over serial link and recently it has been changed to 14 Mbps over Ethernet with new Public addresses

And i Changed these things and my router used to work right for 2 hours and then it going to stuck down,i even cannot login to router using telnet and when i reboot it it again works for another 2 hours and finally no connectivity to Internet after 2 hours

I used SDM to know about the processesor usage it raised upto 24% and memory usage is 58%, i am performing PAT over my router is it that causing problem?and all the ports are open in Firewall outside

Suggest me in this regard

6 Replies 6

sreekanth sarma
Level 1
Level 1

is any one there ? please suggest me in this regard am in damn need

Have you been able to check the console when it goes down?

no not yet i am going to try it tomorrow i want to know whats the reason for the problem

sdoremus33
Level 3
Level 3

show processes on the router see what is casuing to spike.

sho processes

Hi all it seems that yesterday my ISP had applied no limit over my Link and link utilisation went upto 60 Mbps and where my link or router couldnt manage the traffic flow and stuck down.

Its 2801 with 128 Mb memory and even now when ISP limited it to 14 Mbps the processor usage is 38% ,is it harmful?

According to the Cisco router performance PDF the maximum raw switching speed of a 2801 is 46.08Mbps, so I can see why the router might have run into problems at 60Mbps!

Further information on troubleshooting CPU usage can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps133/products_tech_note09186a00800a70f2.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card