cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Forget Password/Factory Reset Problem (7960)

meetnnnn_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have a Cisco IP Phone 7960. I have lost the password. I need to get the device into factory reset or need to break the password. I have done rebooting, holding # key and typed 123456789*0#. Thats not working. Typed passwords (Cisco, cisco, **#), thats also not working. What to be done next to resolve my issues.

Please reply asap.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Lakshmy,

If the factory reset does not clear the password, I am afraid that the unit should be RMAd; are you sure that the factory reset is successful? I mean, are you getting into the "factory reset sequence detected" and "Keep network cfg? 1 = yes 2 = no" screens? If that is not the case, please follow the factory reset steps at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7960g_7940g/4_2/english/administration/guide/7900trb8.html#wp1087402

Hope it helps!

Hi.

I have gone through that link earlier and i was not getting the prompts "factory reset sequence detected" and "Keep network cfg? 1 = yes 2 = no". thats the scenario i am having. I was following the same steps thats mentioned under factory reset.

Thanks