Views
Helpful
Replies

How to compute maximum user per AP

jong_r0602
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Im setting up my WLAN, im confused because i dont know how do i compute the maximum user per client per AP. Im using AP 1020 series. For example if i have 20 clients if 802.11b,c,a how's the bandwith is being affected when the number of user is increasing.

Thanks,

Jong

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jong,

You are most welcome my friend! It is great to participate here with such nice people like you :)

Have a great weekend,

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jong,

Here is a cisco doc that relates to this question;

Q. How many clients can associate to the AP?

A. The AP has the physical capacity to handle 2048 MAC addresses. However, because the AP is a shared medium and acts as a wireless hub, the performance of each user decreases as the number of users increases on an individual AP. Ideally, not more than 24 clients should associate with the AP because the throughput of the AP is reduced with each client that associates to the AP.

From this Q&A doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_qanda_item09186a008009483e.shtml

Have a look at this great thread that has some "Real World" answers from

Scott,Matthew,Mark and Emily (one of my all time favourite questions);

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Wireless%20-%20Mobility&topic=WLAN%20Radio%20Standards&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddb85ec/0#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

The conversion you've sent is so great!

Thanks so much,

Jong

Hi Jong,

You are most welcome my friend! It is great to participate here with such nice people like you :)

Have a great weekend,

Rob

Once again thank you very much. Have a nice weekend too

Thanks,

Jong

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: