cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Night bell through FXO port to Paging system

m_poublon
Level 1
Level 1

I recently set up a new CME system at a client site. Paging is set up on an FXO port that is attached to a Valcom page controller. Everything is working well, but the client is looking to set up a night bell (or something similar) that would play a tone through the paging system so that workers in the shop would know that a phone call is coming in after hours. The standard night bell on phones would not be loud enough.

Is there a way to include an FXO port in a night bell type configuration?

7 Replies 7

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Well, usually the paging systen has a number to call to play the nightbell chime. If they just want to open the bridge and play a chime, I would think they will need some small custom TCL, or maybe an IPCC Express to automate it with a script. If this is a CME you might be able to use the CUE IVR Scripting on it!!

HTH,

Chad

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

I would make a FXS port or a ATA-18X with a Remote Bell Rigner from Radio Shack, etc. Basically it's just a another analog phone. Could be a shared line with phone that rings after hours.

After doing a bit more research, it turns out that the paging system has an input that will play a tone out the paging zones when it detects ring voltage. I've wired this up to an FXS port on the router and all is well. Thanks for your input.

What is the model number of the Valcom? I have a customer with the same needs.

The model number is V-2006A. I have the paging going out an FXO port and the night service notification going out an FXS port. The paging system detects the ring voltage on the line and plays a tone through the speakers. It is working well. If you need the config for pertinant items let me know.

Hi,

could you send me your configuration for this setup? I have a viking 1000C and am having trouble answering the call that comes into the fxo port. any help would be appreciated.

Doug

drenner@peakipsolutions.com

925-997-6436

Hello,

I will be doing an implementation almost exactly like this one you describe. Would it be possible for me to get a copy of your configuration? It would be a great help!

Robert Cook (bob.cook@innonetllc.com)

Sr. Network Engineer CCDA

InnoNET LLC