cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Drop outs on SIP trunk - CME4.3

warwick.kane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, Im having some problems trying to setup a CME site to use a SIP trunk. Outgoing calls work, but drop out after 30 seconds exactly. Incoming calls ring on the ip phone but when i go to answer it i comes up answered on the ip phone but on the mobile that initiated the call it still thinks the call is yet to be answered.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Config attached

6 Replies 6

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Well I am not sure how, but I imagine this is dropping the calls.

notify telephone-event max-duration 3000 - seeing as its 30 seconds, just a guess :p.

To configure the maximum interval between two consecutive NOTIFY messages for a particular telephone event, use the notify telephone-event command in SIP UA configuration mode. To reset the interval to the default, use the no form of this command.

as far as the incoming calls, you need to enable this as a CUBE gateway, I think that will fix you up.

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

allow-connections sip to h323

allow-connections sip to sip

allow-connections h323 to sip

HTH, please rate useful posts!

Chad

Hi Chad,

Thanks for the reply, I have removed notify telephone-event max-duration 3000 and also added the allow connections however both problems still exist... Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Warwick

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi,

To troubleshoot dropped calls, use the command

debug ccsip messages..

and make a test call. after the call drops, post the out of the debug here

Please rate all useful posts

Hi, Thanks for the reply, here is the output from the debug

Hi,

I have looked the cause code...

Timestamp: 1217234131

CSeq: 309524721 BYE

Reason: Q.850;cause=16

Content-Length: 0

The value of 16 means the end user hung up. I know this is not the case, but its difficult to troubleshoot when you dont know the casue code..Infact its frustrating.

Sorry, I couldnt help as much as you want.

Please rate all useful posts

I agree.. I have asked the SIP provider for help. It doesnt look like an issue with the trunk, if i setup a SIP softphone directly registering with the provider calls work without a drama... Could this be a NAT related issue?

Any other ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: