cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN number in Hunt List

Jeffrey Knuckle
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to add a external PSTN number to a Hunt group(CCM612) ?

I added and DN (with CFwdALL) to the line group and that didn't seem to do the trick.

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am afraid, DN in hunt groups do not allow xfer to any external or internal number. When a number is in a Hunt group, it ignores all call forward settings.

HTH, please rate useful posts!

Please rate all useful posts

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jeffrey,

Just to add a note to the good info from Deji :)

Have a look at the following which describes how the Forward settings on individual Line Group member phones are ignored.

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco CallManager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) or Call Forward Busy (CFB) settings for the attempted party. This also applies to CFWD ALL settings.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp1078922

**You can probably leverage this setting to route to the desired PSTN Number

Maximum Hunt Timer

The Maximum Hunt Timer field on the Hunt Pilot Configuration window allows the administrator to enter a value (in seconds) to limit the time for hunting through a hunt list. After the specified time lapses, if hunting has not succeeded, the call gets forwarded to a voice-messaging system, a specific dialed number, or some personal treatment (if configured), or the call gets released.

Hope this helps!

Rob

vpreenja
Level 1
Level 1

I think you can use "Mobile Connect" a new feature in call manager. It will ring your ip phone ( and the configured PSTN number) when its turn comes in the hunt group.

Thanks for the reply.

My initial thought was that the hunt group would provide more flexibility than the Mobile Connect feature.

I will try extending the Hunt group timer and the Mobile Connect feature.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: