cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 and ISDN Lan

libuvar08
Level 1
Level 1

I have recnetly purchased a 2811 router and my ISP is providng me with an ISDN Lan connection with 64 kbps speed. Modem type is Intracom MModel(Netmod) which has a serial interface(RS232 type) with static public ip adrresses. Which is best way to use this link with the router? Does 2811 comes with a serial interface card for this modem or do i need to get an ISDN interface card which will take an RJ11 ?

1 Reply 1

tdrais
Level 7
Level 7

The 2811 does not really come with any interfaces. In you case you could use the Aux port to attach to this modem. Its been a while since I did this but I assume it still works on a 2800.

To use interface cards you would need something like a wic-2t a/s or if you really want you could completely replace the modem and plug the isdn line into a wic-1b-u card. If you are going to pursue cards make sure you get the correct ones some of the older ones are not supported in the 2800.

More than likely this is a PPP connection so you will need all the options from your isp to configure this

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: