cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

purge issue on RME LMS 2.6

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

I have config RME to keep only 2 version and purge everything else older than 3 month old.but when I go to dev file I found

some of the device have 30+ old archive. I did archive purge 3-4 times, plus I did force purge but those files(versions) some of them more than 2 years out there.

what other option I have to purge all those old version, it's consumed all my space.I did relocate my archive directory to new partition but all the garbage relocated together. any help!!! thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'll need to enable ArchiveMgmt Service and ConfigJob debugging, run a purge job, then check the purge job log file for errors. There may be no errors, but the configs may still not purge if the RME database was ever reinitialized. There may be old configs on the file system that existed under the old RME database, that are no longer referenced. These could only be purged manually.

Another way to check this is to launch the Version Tree for a device which shows very old configs in the archive. If those old configs don't appear in the Version Tree, then those files are safe to delete.

thanks J. looks like the RME initialize some time 04/2007. most of the file old back on 2006

not displayed on Version tree. literally more than 100000 files if I want to delete manually.my effort was when I relocate the archive path, I thought the RME start from scratch the config archive instead of backup the old one to new location.my question is can I start RME to archive from today. and save or Back up (or may be zipped on old location) to keep for rainy days? just to start from from today, we don't need the old version that much,even on future upgrade I don't want those config to migrate on the new CW. most of the config version don't have much difference, since we are using too many port open and close per day, that's the reason collected too many Versions. any suggestion??

If you reinitialize the RME database, then clear out everything under your archive directory, then recreate the following directories in your archive directory:

baselinetemplates

configexport

devfiles

difffiles

newbaselinetemplates

shadow

temp

Then make sure casuser has access to them:

chown casuser:casusers

chmod 0750

You should be good to go. Of course, by doing this, you will lose all of your current RME data for all of your devices.

The important directories to backup are shadow and devfiles.

great info thanks!!! how I can reinitialize the RME database.

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME