Views
Helpful
Replies

Hiding ip phone CLID during extn to extn dialing

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to hide the CLID of VIP IP Phones, when they call others in the company, but not to outside PSTN world.

Can anybody syggest how to do this.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Rajesh,

The only way to accomplish this task will be to have the VIP IP Phone lines on a "VIP partition" and the "Normal" IP Phones on another partition; then, the VIP phones' CSS should only contain the VIP Phones and the Route Patterns Partitions; On the Normal CSS, add the VIP, Normal and the Rote Pattern Partitions (That way only calls from VIP to Normal Phones will block the CLID). Once you have that setup, create a Translation Pattern such as XXXX to translate to XXXX and make sure that the called and calling number/name fields are set to restricted.

Please test this on the Lab or with 2 phones first before trying it on production.

The following links will help you with this task:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmcfg/b03txpat.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/dialplan.html#wpmkr1044369

Hope it helps!

thanks,

Just one more question.

I have an extn say 1001, which now is to be changed to 2001(migration), how can I make sure that the calls to phone with DN 1001 are getting forwarded to a new phone DN 2001.

Somebody told me to delete the phone entry, which will not delete te line rntry from the route [plan report, then in the routeplan report find 1001 and then put forward to 2001.

Is this correct or there is any better way of doing this?

Hi,

I have done everything, but the CLID masking doesn't work.Is there any way, I can test when an extention is dialled, is the called number hitting the translation pattern.

Thanks

There is a tool called Dialed Digits Analyser that you could use for this task; however, let's make sure that the Normal partition is not on the VIP CSS.

Thanks a lot.Espereitr,

The trick I was missing was as you mentioned.But for me to understand better can you explain, your reply..

"let's make sure that the Normal partition is not on the VIP CSS.

Regds

Rajesh,

For the translation pattern to work the Partition of the Normal phones should not be reachable by the VIP CSS; otherwise, it will be routed as a normal call and the translation pattern will not apply.

Hi Espereir,

We had to create two "VIP Partitions" for two group of VIP people.

I followed exactly the same procedure as you mentiones. The CLID hiding for these two groups now work.

But two groups users can't call each other??

I have also tries the phone partions of one group to be member of the other group , but no use.

Can you pls suggest, what may be missing , as the users group members are not able to call each other.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: