cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth Mangement

sreekanth sarma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all i have 14 Mbps bandwidth provided my ISP and terminated in a 2801 router and PAT configured over it,behind lies my ASA 5520 with NAT exemption and the traffice to outside from inside users come from 3 Proxy servers whose Gateway is a Core switch behind the firewall.

Now i want to manage my Bandwidth for all the 3 proxy servers limiting the usage of it, i tried it over my ASA 5520 with class-map and policy-map command and by using policing over my outside interface

but its not working i am unable to limit the usage,i am attaching a model of my network

what went wrong in my configuration please let em know

5 Replies 5

sreekanth sarma
Level 1
Level 1

Here i am enclosing my configuration

access-list proxy-server1 extended permit ip any host 172.16.12.x

access-list proxy-server2 extended permit ip any host 172.16.12.x

access-list proxy-server3 extended permit ip any host 172.16.12.x

class-map proxy-server1

match access-list proxy-server1

class-map proxy-server2

match access-list proxy-server2

class-map proxy-server3

match access-list proxy-server3

!

policy-map qos

class proxy-server1

police 1000000

class proxy-server2

police 1000000

class proxy-server3

police 1000000

service-policy qos interface outside

HI any body here 2 suggest me?

Hi can any one solve the problem ? or do u suggest where else can i post this query?

hi sree

why dont u take public ips from the isp and nat the same in your ASA ?

Based on the IP's you can do either CAR(rate limit)arrangement or class based policing.

Also you can ask the ISP to do the same at their end so that its uniform on both the ends for both outgoing and incoming traffic.

regds

Hi prem

thanks for ur reply sorry for delayed response as i am bit busy in another work,i dont wabt my ISP to involve in the regard

So what can i do ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: