Go To Script and Translation Route

Unanswered Question
Jul 28th, 2008

Hi All;

I have IPCCE version 5 and I am writing an ICM script, I finished 50% of it which is for english language, and now I need to do the other 50% of the script which is for other language, when I copy the first 50% to use it for other language, and I triedto save, it gave me that my script exceed the max allowed nodes, so it was not able to save.

I decided now to use Go To Script node, and then I will create new script for the other language, but my question here is:

What about the translation route node which I build it in the original script (the 50% that already finished), will it stay working in the Go To Script and no need to write it again?

Your kindly help is high appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chad Stachowicz Mon, 07/28/2008 - 01:24

You can only ever go through a translation route once per phone call. The second time you do it it will fail. If you are using goto scripts and might go through a translation route twice, you should make use of some call peripherial variable to check for this and avoid the translation route node..

bilalghayad Mon, 07/28/2008 - 01:44

Thanks Chad.

It is same call that will go via Go To Script node, so do I need to make some call prefipherial variable to check? If yes, then like what?

Split up your scripts a bit better.

Have one script that does the trans route and other housekeeping on PGs being up etc, then branch for language 1 and for language 2 using whatever it takes (Dialed Number?) and have a Go To Script for one language and a Go To Script for the other.

A bit of thinking about your script design will pay off.

This Discussion