Views
Helpful
Replies

Client AW - (-9986) Session to Local Database could not be opened

cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a Server which has a Client AW installed (NGMICMAWC1). For some reason the software is now unable to connect back to either the Primary HDS (NGMICMAWD1) or the Secondary HDS.

The HDS can see the request from the Client AW but the UAW process returns the following error:

11:35:41 dis-uaw Trace: New trace client: Launcher(upcc) on pipe 0x224.

11:35:41 dis-uaw Trace: [client: Launcher(upcc)] Real-time Client cannot connect to database using ServerName: ngmicmawd1, UserName , SqlCode 2.

11:35:41 dis-uaw Trace: [client: Launcher(upcc)] Session to local database could not be opened. Aborting...

11:35:41 dis-uaw Trace: Info: Trace client on pipe 0x224 disconnected.

Last API Error [109]: Unknown status code 109. GetLastError() after FormatMessage() returned 317

I suspect that the issue is authentication. Looking at the Registry Setting within the CLient AW they are:

Key Name: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\ICM\cap1\AW\RealTimeClient\CurrentVersion\LocalDB

Class Name: <NO CLASS>

Last Write Time: 28/07/2008 - 11:34

Value 0

Name: DBMS_PROVIDER

Type: REG_SZ

Data: MSDASQL

Value 1

Name: SQLServerUserName

Data: sa

Value 2

Name: DBMS

Data: MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.0

Value 3

Name: SQLServerDBName

Data: cap1_awdb

Value 4

Name: SQLServerPassWord

Data:

Value 5

Name: RtDistributorName

Data: ngmicmawd1

Value 6

Name: SQLServerUNCName

Data: ngmicmawd1

The Client AW receives the following error:

(-9986) Session to Local Database could not be opened

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thaks

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I ran into this and fixed it by changing the client configuration of the ODBC connection to named pipes. It was set to TCP/P

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi irisrios,

Thank you for the guide.

I'm running a Enterprise ICM but went through the guide anyways.

I can confirm that under my Cust OU I already have both the LOGGERA.... and LOGGERB doamin accounts which are already included within the SERVICE group...

Any more thoughts?

I'm strugglying to see the link for the account that my Client AW uses to log into the HDS (I'd guess that it uses the account the the users logged onto the box with? If so does this mean that all the users accounts need to be part of the SERVICE group?)

Thanks

Dan

I assume your client AW is in the ICM domain and you are logged in as the domain admin?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Correct - All the servers are within the same ICM Domain and I am using a Domain Admin account to login with.

When I open Script Editor I get a slightly different Error:

Error trying to open the database connection to initalize the security system.

The following database errors were retirned:

Database error reading the user ReadOnly flag.

The following database errors were retirned:

Session to local database couldn't be opened

Thanks

Dan

I ran into this and fixed it by changing the client configuration of the ODBC connection to named pipes. It was set to TCP/P

Try adding the domain accounts to the User List within Configuration Manager, with Configuration rights, and any Feature Control Sets, if you have them.

THANK YOU CT.Anderson

Amending from TCP/IP to Named Pipes did the trick :0)

Thanks Again

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: