Untagged and VLAN

Answered Question
Jul 28th, 2008

I have a 4402 wireless controller whose management and ap management interfaces are connected to VLAN1 with the WAPs on VLAN17.

When I confiigure the 4402 I have to assign the ap manager interface to VLAN1; however, if I try to assign the management interface to VLAN1 I cannot telnet or https to the 4402. In order to do that I have to mark the management interface as 'untagged. Why can't I explicitly assign the management interface to VLAN1 since in fact it is on VLAN1??

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Scott Fella about 8 years 4 months ago

Best practice is to not tag the management and ap-managers interface. vlan 1 on a switch is untagged so you need to set the management and ap-manager to vlan '0'. It is just how it has to work. Even if you have the management and ap-manager on vlan 50, you need to set the native vlan on the trunk port to vlan 50.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Scott Fella Wed, 07/30/2008 - 18:54

Best practice is to not tag the management and ap-managers interface. vlan 1 on a switch is untagged so you need to set the management and ap-manager to vlan '0'. It is just how it has to work. Even if you have the management and ap-manager on vlan 50, you need to set the native vlan on the trunk port to vlan 50.

robetrem Thu, 09/11/2008 - 10:57

Installation of the WISM place automatically

mls trust cos on the Gigabit link making the Etherchannel. If the AP-Manager is not tag the "QOS to wire" won't work.

Have you noticed that and have you worked around that issues !

Actions

This Discussion