cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward question

mymite060708
Level 1
Level 1

I have a hunt pilot set up which diverts to VM if no one picks up the call.

I also have 10 other phones that need to forward there phones to this hunt pilot when they are away. so if I forward one of the numbers to the hunt pilot and no one answers the caller gets the VM greeting of the extension and not the Hunt pilot.

is there a way round this?

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This is working as designed.

Unity does not pass the redirected number. Unity will pass the calling and called number. In this case the called number is the number originally called and thats why you are not getting to the voice mail box of the Hunt-Pilot number.

There are 2 things I can think of that can help

1. If the users do not have VM or do not need VM, then you can use VM mask to change the number sent to unity from the user extension to the Hunt-Pilot extension.

To do this, you will create a new VM profile, under the mask you will put the HUNT_PILOT DN.

YOu will then assign this profile to the extensions that will be forwarding calls to Hunt-Pilot.

2. If you arte using Unity 4.5 and above, You can enable unity to pass the redirected number field.

You do this by going to Advanced settings tools, there is a setting there that is redirected number...set the value to 1

Please rate all useful posts

you can configure call routing rules to have those phones reach the special VM you have set for the pilot.

also, under the hunt pilot you can manually set an ANI, you can use that and create a routing rule that all calls with that ANI and the CLID of the pilot to reach that VM

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate