Views
Helpful
Replies

Transfer and Conference does not work.

vinayjaiswal
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am using UCM 6.1.2, I face a very peculiar problem wherein once in every week my conference and transfer does not for all the IP Phones, and once I restart the IP Voice Media Streaming Service, it starts working fine. I have created the 2 Media groups, one for hardware resources and the other one for Software resources.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vinay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

egrinkin1
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

We had a similar issue. The installer set up the VG as h.323 and set to require MTP resources for every call. Some would not be released. Eventually, we would run out of MTP resources, and we'd lose conf, trans and new calls.

The solution was to go back to MGCP. That was about 3 months ago and no issues since.

Good luck and HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

egrinkin1
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

We had a similar issue. The installer set up the VG as h.323 and set to require MTP resources for every call. Some would not be released. Eventually, we would run out of MTP resources, and we'd lose conf, trans and new calls.

The solution was to go back to MGCP. That was about 3 months ago and no issues since.

Good luck and HTH

Thanks for your reply but I am using the Mobile Voice access for which I need to have the H.323 gateway.Is it possible to free the MTP resources.

Thanks.

Good morning,

That was one thing we were not using and our new vendor mentioned mobile voice access requires H.323.

I'd open a TAC case to have them make sure your VG is programmed properly and you don't have an issue with MTP resources being released after the call connects.

Good luck and sorry I could not be more helpful.

csco11063007
Level 1
Level 1

Please check Bug ID CSCso52857