Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicasting in DMVPN

hussainratlami
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I had created a DMVPN between 4 diifreent site Hub-Spoke topology, i am using 3com ip phones but i am facing one issue, the issue is i am not able to join confrence (Multiasting) between the spokes, from the hub i can hear both the spoke, but the spoke cannot hear each other. i had enabled ip multicating and Ip pim Saprese-dense mode, the ip telephone comunication between the hub-spoke and spoke-spoke is working, but when i join all in confrence i.e. HUB-Spoke-Spoke it is not working, the hub can hear both but the spoke cannot hear each other.

Please help, its very urgent, thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

it sounds tunneling issue i mean when the tunnel in use between the spokes and the hub no comunication happen between the spokes

i havnt faced isues like this

however try to make another tunnel between the spokes and the hub deffrent IPs

and make a static route for packed distend from spok to another spok to go through the new tunnel

but i am not sure

like u hav ealready tunnel0 make tunnel 1

and static route

i route x.x.x.x x.x.x.x interface tunnel 1

where x.x.x.x/x your spoke network

do it on both sides

Good luck

Thx for your response Marwanshawi

I sort out the issue, the issue was with Maping, for confrencing of ip phone work between the hub, i had to create the static map for each spoke on the other spoke, i used command

#ip nhrp map "spoke tunnel address" "spoke Public Address"

ip nhrp map multicast "spoke public Address"

After doing this i was able to see all spoke as each other PIM neibhours.

And multicast calls were establish between all sites.

Once again thx for your response.

Have a Good Day.

Hussain

mherald
Level 1
Level 1

Can you post you DMVPN specific information? Under the HUB tunnel, do you have plit tunneling turned off? That is the most common reason I have seen for lack of spoke to spoke communication.

Furthermore, do you have it set up for dynamic spoke to spoke (bypass HUB) communication?

Mike

Thx for your response mike,

I sort out the issue, the issue was with Maping, for confrencing of ip phone work between the hub, i had to create the static map for each spoke on the other spoke, i used command

Have a Good Day.

Hussain

Thx for your response mike,

Have a Good Day.

Hussain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: