cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users in Presence

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all. I am trying to play around with Presence in getting it ready for use. Im wondering, in order to see other users, do the users in CUCM have to be application users or just phone users for the Presence client to see the other users?

7 Replies 7

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Joseph,

The users in presence are ordinary users. As long as presence is integrated with an LDAP server, they should be able to see them.

Please rate all useful posts

Could that LDAP server be the CUCM?

No! With presence you will need an external LDAP server either AD or others...

You cant use Callmanager LDAP.

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks.

Hey again, one more question on this if you dont mind, when I integrate CUCM and Presence with LDAP, will I also need to do Unity Connection 2.x as well with LDAP integration, or will I just import the new users in from CUCM?

You can leave CUCM the way that it is as a stand alone directory. It would be advisable to move to LDAP and CUCM to simplify your administration though. If you integrate CUCM with LDAP, it will sync your LDAP directory to the CUCM. Then you can simply import to CUCM, authentication will be through your LDAP, etc. In CUPS, you will still need to point to an LDAP server. Authentication and user activation will take place *through* CUCM.

make sense?

It does, thats really good information. I appreciate it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: