cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error when importing exchange user in Unity

evangaever
Level 1
Level 1

We import users from exchange into Unity to give them access to voicemail. With one of the users I always get an error : "An urecognised error 0x80070005 has occurred E_ACCESSDENIED. The new subscriber was not successfully added."

How can I get this user imported?

4 Replies 4

thfergus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

irajbrock
Level 1
Level 1

I have the exact same issue... Again.

We were able to resolve it with another user about 6 months ago by modifying the permissions for the SELF group on the users mailbox permissions... but can not remember exactly what we did.

We are trying to figure it out again now. It had something to do with the user or exchange removing a permission.

Did this user use to be a domain admin?

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds to me like that user may not be inheriting permissions. If you go to that users's AD account and look at the security tab for it, are their any unity accounts listed as having permissions? Is the inherit box checked on that user? If you don't have the inherit checked on that user, chances are you won't see any Unity service accounts in there. Specifically the UnityDirSvc needs to have rights on that user to import it.

Tray

Tray, it is good to hear from you here at NetPro; I have to add that we need to make sure that the parent container is allowing inheritable permissions to be propagated over the child and that the child (the AD account) is showing the UnityDirSvc and UnityMsgStoreSvc accounts on the security tab.

In addition, have you checked the account that is running the AvDSAD and AvDSGlobalCatalog services? Those services should be running with the UnityDirSvc since that is the account that have access over AD.

If you need to reconfigure the service, please re-run the Service Configuration Wizard from the Tools Depot and Stop/Start Unity after that.

Hope this helps!

Esteban

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: