Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco call manager 6.x admin password reset

Hi i m very new to this and hence dont know much... i have my call manager connected to a windows based monitor... so its not linux machine hence it does not gives me a direct CLI to change passwords or enter commands... how i can i change the password or access the CLI to make any changes to the call manager if i m using the windows based system.. i can http the ip address of the call manager but i dont have a username or password to access the GUI

appreciate your help

9 Replies 9

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Muhammed,

First of all you will need a terminal emulation tool like Teraterm, putty or SecureCrt. The application must support SSH.

When you lunch the application, eg for teraterm, select ssh and enter the ip address of the Callmanager there.

It will ask you for the username and password. Enter the username and password.

This will take you to the cli. Once you are there you can use the following command to change the password

To reset the GUI administrator account name:

utils reset_ui_administrator_name

To reset the GUI administrator password:

utils reset_ui_administrator_password

Here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/6_0_1/op_system/administration/guide/iptpappa.html#wp1050753

HTH, pls rate useful posts!

This is for CCM 5.x and CCM 6.x

Please rate all useful posts

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

im sorry about that... im just tired im not even able to log in to the stuff...

Muhammed,

Do you have a terminal emulation software as I said you should you should use..

If you do which one are you using

Deji, he's using a windows based CUCM, the other post already has the instructions on how to reset the password

if you're not using MLA then use the same credentials as your server OS

java

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jamie,

His callmanager version is 6.X. What I guess he is saying is that the callmanager is connected to a monitor.

So I dont think its a windows based CCM

at this point i believe no one know what he's using, look at this from the question:

"i have my call manager connected to a windows based monitor... so its not linux machine hence it does not gives me a direct CLI to change passwords or enter commands..."

a 6.x would only give the cli waiting for the user to type in user and pwd. but he says that with the monitor connected to the server he does not get a CLI

the real question would be if he's getting a GUI or a CLI to really determine the version because we're assuming he knows the version from the box he has. it might not even be a CUCM for all we know.

HTH

java

HTH

java

You are right! :)

i think i am not able to explain you people well.. im sorry for all the hassle... thank u all for all your help..i really appreciate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: