Views
Helpful
Replies

To share Hunt pilot within two CCM clusters

K_require
Level 1
Level 1

Really interesting scenario:

We have two callmanager clusters. We have servicedesk at three locations. One location, suppose A, is regestered to one CCM cluster and remaining locations B & C are registered to other CCM cluster. Our customer has placed interesting requirement as below:

There will be one pilot number common for servicedesk at all locations and that is only servicedesk number known to all users at all three locations. Every location will be having its own internal pilot number which is known to servicedesk people only and not to any other user.

Common pilot 9999

Location A 6666

Location B 7777

Location C 8888

When a user dials that number, servicedesk extensions at all locations must start ringing. Suppose user at location A dials common pilot 9999 and servicedesk member at location C picks up the call. When that member from location C comes to know that user is from location A and wants to transfer the call to location A, that member will dial pilot number 6666 and servicedesk extensions at location A will start ringing.

Can anyone crack this?

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This looks very clumsy, however there are better ways to achive this.

These are my thoughts...

This solution assumes you have unity in your cluster...

You can use unity as an Auto attendant to achieve this.

This is what you do..

1. Create a CTI_RP with extension 9999. Make sure that CFA is set to VM

2.Create a call handler in unity with extension 9999. You then record 3 prompts as follows...

Welcome to K_require, If you are from location A press 1, for location B, press 2 and for Location C press 3.

You will then configure the caller input on the call handler for 9999 to xfer calls to the hunt-pilot for the appriopriate location's service desk.

So when 1 is pressed, Unity will xfer call to 6666, when 2 is pressed it will go to 7777 and when 3 is pressed it will go to 8888.

NB that since location B and C are different from A, you will configure ICT trunks betwwen them, then configure route patterns to route to the Hunt-pilot and assign teh RP to the ICT trunk.

Also make sure that unity ports css has access to the partition of the RP for the hunt-pilots in bothe clusters.

Attached is a good documentation that I used in setting up unity AA.

HTH, please rate useful posts!

Please rate all useful posts

I am really very thankful for your prompt reply. We have to implement this on CCM clusters only and we are not suppose to touch Unity for any configuration changes. I tried to use hunt pilot and hunt list, line group for implementation. I created one hunt pilot and added three extensions in it. I forwarded the call of each extension to another pilot number of respective location. When i dialed the main hunt pilot 9999, call got landed to these extensions and not got forwarded to hunt pilots. It means that call forwarding was overriden. Can we overcome the prblm of overriding? is there any work arround?

You cannot achive this with Hunt-Pilots as hunt-pilots/hunt-groups will ignore any call forward settings.

Sometimes you need to let people know what is possible and what is not.

The only thing I can think of here is the solution I have provided earlier.

Sorry!

Please rate all useful posts

the only possible option i can think of would be to use mobile connect with members from the line group to ring another phone, i'm not really sure if this will do the trick since it's not really the reason why mobile connect was created.

no WA to make CF settings to be followed, that is WAD.

you could certainly make this ring in cascade but i don't believe you can get this to ring all at once.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: