Views
Helpful
Replies

Router 871

rene.melendez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody

I have a router 871 Version 12.3(8), where the router is connect to a modem 2wire in the fast 4, The router constantly lost connection with the modem,then my question is if the others ports in the router (f0-f3) can support connection with the modem?

I can see that the ports f0,f1,f2 and f3 above has a tittle "LAN" and the port f4 has "WAN" this is the reason of my question.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

4 Replies 4

scheikhnajib
Level 1
Level 1

Yes but you probably need to upgrade the IOS unless you've already got the CISCO871-SEC-K9.

S.

HI

The router'IOS is (C870-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M) y la flash:c870-advipservicesk9-mz.123-8.YI2.bin, is necessary upgrade the IOS?

Thanks a lot

Regards,

I would upgrade the IOS if possible since it is quite old and is also a deferred release. I'm not sure that upgrading the IOS will fix the connection issue between the modem.

Mark

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Rene,

Hopefully I understand your question enough to help here. FA4 is your layer 3 WAN port for modems.. etc. The fa0 - 3 ports are switchports for end devices. If you are having issues between the modem and the router check to see if there excess errors on fa4. Also make sure your speed & duplex settings are correct with the modem.

HTH,

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: