MGCP RouteList failover won't work with down T1 circuit

Unanswered Question
Jul 28th, 2008

Today, I observe this situation which prove Cisco MGCP Callmanager route list won't failover to 2nd route group when the 1st route group's T1 circuit is down.

Ie, RoutePattern 9.@ -> RouteList: RL_siteA -> Two RouteGroup: VGW1_T1 and VGW2_T2 which in turn point to the different T1 circuit in different vgw.

When VGW1_T1 circuit status get error 'TEI_Assigned' other than 'Multi_Frame_estabished', Callmanager still show this T1 circuit regsitered and never use 2nd circuit which is VGW2_T2.

So users cannot place outbound calls due to this failed vgw1-T1 circuit even though vgw2-T2 is up.

Is it callmanager limitation?

Anyone know the workaround without manual task to remove and/or re-order route group inside the route list.

My ccm is: 4.1.3

mgcp ver: 0.1

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jamesfang98 Mon, 07/28/2008 - 10:23

Addon here:

If vgw1 router is completed down, then 2nd route group will be used.

Hope anyone have such observation and find out any workaround and/or contact Cisco TAC for assistance.

Clouse_2 Wed, 08/13/2008 - 17:53

What worked for me was the service parameter "Stop Routing on Unassigned Number Flag".

jamesfang98 Wed, 08/27/2008 - 07:23

Appreciate for the share.

Acutally, the issue was due to hang up local T1 port (no PSTN vendor issue) - after reset it came backup. So I didn't have chance to test out this parameter.

This Discussion