cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

block caller ID on CME

ggittins
Level 1
Level 1

is there a way to block caller Id per phone basis?

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Yes you can block caller-ID per phone basis, however because caller id is based on DN, and DN are assigned to phones, we will configure this on th DN..

Example

ephone-dn 2 dual-line

caller-id block

ephone-dn 3 dual-line

caller-id block

telephony-service

caller-id block code *135

So when a user wants to block their CLID, they dial *135 followed by the number they want o dial and bang! their IDs wont show.

HTH, pls rate useful posts

Please rate all useful posts

that is very useful to know but want about incoming calls.? i guess this example deals with outbound correct?..

I got some users we dont want to display inbound calls

Are you saying that some users do not want to see incoming caller ID? They dont want to see the numbers calling them?

yes that is correct. i dont want certain users to see incoming caller id, so it would have to be blocked on a per user basis.

First of all, you need to understand how caller id works. It does not work on a user basis, it works on the CLIs. So it may be difficult to change this on a per user basis...

ok .. just checking..

We have a customer who wants to block caller-ID on a per-call basis. This is for outbound calls placed via an ISDN PRI circuit. Same configuration as above:

telephony-service

caller-id block code *55

!

ephone-dn 39 dual-line

number 4419

caller-id block

!

When he dials *55 and then an external number, the caller-ID still shows. Interestingly, when he dials a 4-digit internal DN, the call comes in as private, regardless if he dials the number with or without the block code of *55.

From what I've read on CME system guide, the blocking of the CLID is supposed to happen only if the block code is used, and it should work on both internal and external calls, but we're getting very strange results.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: