Cisco Agent Desktop becomes non responsive when updating agent status

Unanswered Question
Jul 28th, 2008

IPCC Express Premium: 4.0(3)_Build080

Cisco Agent Desktop becomes non responsive or slow when updating agent state or changing agent state, and Reports & Statistics hangs CAD.

Performance degrades rapidly over 30 mins or less to the point where the CAD almost becomes un usable. Calls will still release from the queue, but changing agent state almost becomes impossible. Agent Reports such as Skills Statistics to check Calls in Queue will basically timeout and CAD becomes non responsive.

I discovered many TIME WAIT sessions on client side talking to port 59003, and on the server side responding with TIME WAIT sessions (with netstat). There were at least 10-15 sessions per CAD.

Restart of the Cisco Desktop Recording & Statistics Service resolves the issue immediately, and Agents became responsive immediately.

The box should be upgraded yes, but has been rock solid for a year. No updates have taken place other than standard desktop level patching.

I suspect this is a server side issue, but logs are absolutely clean. Any ideas on where to look? Client side, could clients be aggravating this service somehow?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion