Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCMBEr - VM account for a CCME user

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

Hello everyone,

I have a remote site where 5 users are on CCME. There is a CCME to CCM trunk back to CUCMBEr for 4-digit dialing. One or two users need a VM account. Since there is no CUE at the remote site, I want to take it from CUCMBEr. How do I do this?

In other words, how do I create a Unity Connection user without that user having a primary extension and end user object defined in CUCMBEr?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

csco11063007
Level 1
Level 1

You can do this by setting up a sip trunk between CME and Unity Connection in the CUCMB.

Requirements:

Cisco Unified CM Express 4.0 or Later

Cisco Unified CM Express feature license.

Cisco IP phone feature licenses, and Cisco licenses for other H.323-compliant devices or software (such as Cisco VirtualPhone and Microsoft NetMeeting clients) that will be connected to the network, as well as one license for each Cisco Unity Connection port.

•For the Cisco Unified CM Express extensions, SIP phones that support DTMF relay as described in RFC-2833.

•For the Cisco Unified CM Express extensions, one of the following configurations:

-(Best practice) Only SIP phones that support DTMF relay as described in RFC-2833.

-Both SCCP phones and SIP phones.

Note that older SCCP phone models may require a Media Termination Point (MTP) to function correctly.

•A LAN connection in each location where you will plug the applicable phone into the network.

Integration steps you can follow from this good document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/integration/cucme_sip/guide/cucintcucmesip040.html

HTH

Rate if it helps

Thanks, I can do that.

The question is how do I create the UC account?

CUE to Unity enterprise integration I have done, but in Unity you can just create an account and assign it an extension. In CUCMBEr, you have to import the user from the CCM side--there is no add user button. (That I can see.)

So it turns out that CUCMBEr only supports one integration (SCCP to CallManager). So no SIP integration. There was also no way to have a non-CCM user/phone show up on the Unity connection side AND RING the phone over the CCM-CCME trunk.

Creating a CTI RP might have worked and had a VM account on the CUCMBEr side, but dialing that CCME user's extension would not have rung their CCME phone.

We are going to buy a CUE module.

Thanks to all that helped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: