I am experiencing some issues with slavedisks on 2 C6509

Here is the error message :

-----

COR#show slavedisk0:

-#- --length-- -----date/time------ path

number of file 2

inode path is 1 s72033-pk9s-mz.122-18.SXD6.bin

fullpath is disk0://s72033-pk9s-mz.122-18.SXD6.bin

%Error show slavedisk0: (Directory entries are corrupted, please format the disk) COR#

The error remains even if the slavedisk is formated and the file copied again...

Any idea ?

3 Replies 3

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

The output you are seeing on the show slavedisk0: command is usually indicative of two issues, either the flash card was badly formatted, or the flash card is faulty.

The first troubleshooting step would be to format again the flash card. So proceed to do that using the format command. If after that it continues to fail, change it to disk0: of the active sup and try formatting it.

Hi,

Thanks for you answer. I already try to format the card on one or other sup. Unfortunately, it does not solve the problem.

The card may be faulty, the problem is that I have this problem on 2 differents (relatively new) switches. How can I explain that ?

nicolas.mayor
Level 1
Level 1

solved. the 2 sup cards where not in same IOS version. (SSO mode configured, RPR mode active)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: