Views
Helpful
Replies

"pq3_tsec_process_receive_packet" generated on c1812J

tc-nakajima
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Does anybody know what this error message means?

I searched for Cisco.com and used error message decoder but could not find what this meant.

Also searched for google but in vain.

Jul 29 01:43:37.081 JST: pq3_tsec_process_receive_packet found unclean pak: rx_pak=0x8332BC90, datagramstart=0x061E8C20, particles=1

Please help me with this message!

Thank you,

Taichi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Taichi,

The bug description states that when the h/w encryption is turned off manually using the command 'no crypto eng accelerator' the errors are reported (by default on 1812 h/w encryption is enabled). Later, even if you enable h/w crypto or switch to s/w crypto back, the errors continue. The errors stop only when the traffic stops and start once the router starts receiveing any traffic. The errors are not reported after a reboot.

HTH,

~Vaibhav

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

vaisharm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tichi,

Your IOS might be hitting the following bug:

CSCsd78803

Big Toolkit

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do

~HTH

Vaibhav

Hi Vaibhav,

Thanks for the reply.

This bug seems to match since the IOS used in customer site is 12.4(6)T10 which is affected.

I read the description but could not understand "when the router is switched from h/w crypto to s/w crypto engine".

I assume the router changed the crypto packet switching from h/w vpn accelerator to s/w(CPU). Is my assumption make sense?

Also do you know when the router uses s/w crypto engine besides this case?

Thank you,

Taichi

Taichi,

The bug description states that when the h/w encryption is turned off manually using the command 'no crypto eng accelerator' the errors are reported (by default on 1812 h/w encryption is enabled). Later, even if you enable h/w crypto or switch to s/w crypto back, the errors continue. The errors stop only when the traffic stops and start once the router starts receiveing any traffic. The errors are not reported after a reboot.

HTH,

~Vaibhav

Hi Vaibhav,

Ok, I got it!

Thank you,

Taichi

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card