Views
Helpful
Replies

"pq3_tsec_process_receive_packet" generated on c1812J

tc-nakajima
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Does anybody know what this error message means?

I searched for Cisco.com and used error message decoder but could not find what this meant.

Also searched for google but in vain.

Jul 29 01:43:37.081 JST: pq3_tsec_process_receive_packet found unclean pak: rx_pak=0x8332BC90, datagramstart=0x061E8C20, particles=1

Please help me with this message!

Thank you,

Taichi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Taichi,

The bug description states that when the h/w encryption is turned off manually using the command 'no crypto eng accelerator' the errors are reported (by default on 1812 h/w encryption is enabled). Later, even if you enable h/w crypto or switch to s/w crypto back, the errors continue. The errors stop only when the traffic stops and start once the router starts receiveing any traffic. The errors are not reported after a reboot.

HTH,

~Vaibhav

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

vaisharm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tichi,

Your IOS might be hitting the following bug:

CSCsd78803

Big Toolkit

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do

~HTH

Vaibhav

Hi Vaibhav,

Thanks for the reply.

This bug seems to match since the IOS used in customer site is 12.4(6)T10 which is affected.

I read the description but could not understand "when the router is switched from h/w crypto to s/w crypto engine".

I assume the router changed the crypto packet switching from h/w vpn accelerator to s/w(CPU). Is my assumption make sense?

Also do you know when the router uses s/w crypto engine besides this case?

Thank you,

Taichi

Taichi,

The bug description states that when the h/w encryption is turned off manually using the command 'no crypto eng accelerator' the errors are reported (by default on 1812 h/w encryption is enabled). Later, even if you enable h/w crypto or switch to s/w crypto back, the errors continue. The errors stop only when the traffic stops and start once the router starts receiveing any traffic. The errors are not reported after a reboot.

HTH,

~Vaibhav

Hi Vaibhav,

Ok, I got it!

Thank you,

Taichi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card