Playing prompt to called number before transfering call

Unanswered Question

Hello,

I trying to make a script which plays a plays a announcement prompt to an external number before connecting the caller to the called external number.

So; 1)the caller get option to be transfered to 24 hour service employee.

2) after digit is pressed, a call gets setup to a external number.

3) the external number answers and first hears a announcement telling with which name the call should be answered.

4) the callers gets connected to the called number.

I tried with the Call Consult Transfer step but that doesn't play out prompts to the called number.

Is Call redirect an option? Or is Place Call a possible solution.

The last plays out the prompt but how do I get the two calls (inbound & outbound) connected to eachother???

Thanx

Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Chris Deren Mon, 08/04/2008 - 10:44
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

Unfortunatelly there is not way to do conferences via a script, and the only way I can think of playing the prompt to an external destination would be via the Place Call step.

What you could do is after the placed call is successful play the prompt and tell the person this call will be disconnected and another call will arrive, then you redirect the intial call to this person. I have done somthing similar some time ago and it worked fine.

Chris

ra_jeshkalra_2 Tue, 10/14/2008 - 03:53
User Badges:

Hi cderen,

Just wanted to check is there any way, the prompt can be played to the called party number after call gets connected with IPCCX5.0.i.e.IVR announcement.

If yes. how?

Thanks

Chris Deren Tue, 10/14/2008 - 05:38
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

Sure, you can use Play Media or Menu step. Take a look at the sample icd.aef script found in wfavvid folder.

Chris

ra_jeshkalra_2 Tue, 10/14/2008 - 07:41
User Badges:

Hi cderen,

I want to play prompt to the called party(not the calling party who calls the call centre), after the "place call" step is successful and call is successfully connected to the called party.

In other words this is the case of the IVR making a call out to a number and then plays an announcement to the called party, when the phone is picked up.

emilymarie99 Mon, 12/08/2008 - 11:49
User Badges:

Hi! I am trying to do this also. Did you ever find a resolution?

I am also trying to figure out how to back out if the call is answered by voicemail or an answering machine (using the Call Consult transfer step in IPCC). Do you have any thoughts on that?

CHRIS CHARLEBOIS Mon, 12/08/2008 - 12:35
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Sure. Use the Place Call option, play out the prerecorded message and present a menu option that instructs the caller to press 1 to receive the caller at this number. The called person (I assume an agent of some sort) presses 1, hangs up, and the CCX redirects the call to that number. If the Menu option times out, it's probably VM or an answering machine.

emilymarie99 Fri, 02/06/2009 - 09:43
User Badges:

Thank you for responding! However, I must be missing something. I am not able to get this going the way you suggested. I've placed the menu step under the succesful branch of the place call step and only the caller is able to hear the prompt. The called person cannot, and the called person cannot input any digits. What am I missing? Again, thanks for your assistance!!

f.giordano Fri, 10/23/2009 - 06:29
User Badges:

Hi,

Did you find a way to do it finally ?

I'm having the same issue. Impossible to play a media to the called number...

Thx

Fabian

ssi_admin Tue, 11/03/2009 - 12:47
User Badges:

yes that works to use the new contact which set by 'set contact info' step.

So now I am able to play prompt to called number after the call been connected.

But I found I couldn't collect entered digit by Called person if I use Menu step.

For instance, if I use 'Menu' to collect the digit from Called person, then when enter '1', redirect the original (or this new) call flow to reception.

My sub steps within Menu step (using new contact session) seems no working.

Any thoughts?

General idea is: I can use IVR to place outbound calls, play prompts, then collect digits from called party and make sub call flows decision.

Thanks

f.giordano Wed, 11/04/2009 - 00:14
User Badges:

Unbelivable. I can't do it.

When the called number is connected, I just hear "nothing" and then the call get disconnected. Could you please post the part of your script regarding this feature ?

Thanks

Fabian

ssi_admin Wed, 11/04/2009 - 07:55
User Badges:

The key is to use newly created 'contact' in your playprompt step. Default contact is the 'trigger' one.

For instance:

Contact_Buffer=Place Call (DNIS)

if successful,

set contact infor (contact_buffer)

playprompt (contact_buffer, prompt4called)

ssi_admin Thu, 11/05/2009 - 07:55
User Badges:

Anyone have idea howto:

collect entered digit by Called person after he/she been announced?

f.giordano Mon, 11/09/2009 - 05:51
User Badges:

Hey,

I understand why it doesn't work. I'm working with CUE scripting and not UCCX, and the "place call" action is not available in CUE. So I guess I need crs to do it...

Fabian

f.giordano Fri, 11/13/2009 - 07:32
User Badges:

Ok.

I'm using UCCX 7.0 now for testing that.

My script is in attachment and i'm still unable to play the prompt at the called number. When I answer the call, the system hang up. I already check CSS, partition and codec.

It seems basic, but I miss something.

Can someone help ?

Thanks

Fabian

Attachment: 
f.giordano Tue, 11/17/2009 - 07:13
User Badges:

Anyone can help please ?

What's wrong with the previous script ?

Thx a lot

Fabian

lpassmore Sun, 11/22/2009 - 19:05
User Badges:

1st, check that your prompt actually works and is correctly loaded into the repository.  Test the Announcer prompt in a simple

script to ensure it plays correctly.

If so, try putting the "triggering Contact" on hold before the place call step.  I found that this helped in one of my scripts that did something similar. Don't forget to bring it back off hold before doing anything else with it.

f.giordano Mon, 11/23/2009 - 00:23
User Badges:

Hi,

Doesn't help . Even if I put the triggered contact on hold. The second call is placed, the phone rings, and when I answer, the call is dropped.

The prompt is working well if I test it in a simple script ( just play prompt to the triggered contact ).

Fabian

lpassmore Mon, 11/23/2009 - 20:13
User Badges:

Hmm I guess it is getting harder.  Here is a script that is a bit under development and there is a lot of unnecessary stuff in there, but the Announcement bit works.  Hopefully you can pull something useful from it.  If it doesn't work, then I'm sorry I am fresh out of ideas

f.giordano Tue, 11/24/2009 - 03:03
User Badges:

Hi again,

I tried your script... It works pretty well...

So I just cut the part i need and everything's run fine. But I'm a little confused regarding what's wrong in my script since I'm using exactly the same things...

Whatever, thx a lot again.

regards

Fabian

lgrusila avain Sat, 09/19/2015 - 05:26
User Badges:

Hi Giordano

can you pl share the working scripting since i tried without a success and i am desperate

Greg Lowe Thu, 01/07/2016 - 21:45
User Badges:

Did you end up getting a working script?

I'm able to play prompts to the caller under the successful step of the Place Call step, even after selecting the correct Contact, the agent still hears silence.

Actions

This Discussion