Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward Busy

stlieser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is it possible to define a rule for call forwarding depending on the line state? For example: if secretary 1 is busy I must forward the calls to secretary 2. If secretary 2 is busy too, I must forward the calls to the attendant. The same rules I must apply for calls to secretary 2 (forward busy to secretary 1, if busy forward to attendant).

We are using CUCM 6.0(1). I've seen in unity there's a rulebased routing feature, but I don't know if it works in this case.

Regards

Marcus

13 Replies 13

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Marcus,

This should be pretty simple. To do this go to the secretary's DN and set the call forward busy (internal or external) to the desired destination.

However you must be cautious about one thing..Looping!

If you CFB secreaties number to each other what happens when they are both busy. The calls goes into a loop..

Secondly, for busy to kick in, you must set the busy trigger. The default is 2, so what that measn is that the CFB wont work until after a 3rd calls comes in. To change this set the busy trigger to 1, that way once the secetary is on the first call the next call will be sent to the CFB destination

Please rate all useful posts

Hi, this is exactly my problem: if I set the cfb destination for secretary 1 to 2 and from 2 to 1 this will result in a loop. So I will forward the call to the attendant if both secretaries are busy (dependant on the line state). So I need another solution...

What you can do is this..

Sec 1...CFB to Sec2

sec2...CFB to AA.

This way when both seceraties are busy, you still will not miss any calls.

thanks, I thought about that, but it's not acceptable for the secretaries. The cfb has to go in each case to the secretary...

ok..

mtofiq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

This is know issue in multiple Sec environment, the way you can design this as follows.

Creat Hunt Pilot, Hunt Group, Line Group(Sec dumy extension extension memeber of that Line group)

CFBusy and CFNoANS to hunt pilot.

When the call will come to Sec 1 and will not be ans it will go to Sec2 Dumy Ext. On you HP set if call not ans send to VM Pilot.

In this way call will always bounce once between 2 Sec before going to Sec and the loop will be avoided as well.

Thanks! I'll try it...

Hi

the solution will work fine. But there is one drawback: if sec1 is out of office and sets a CFwdAll on her phone to sec2, her phone rings anyway. So the CFwdAll-setting on her phone doesn't work. But the call should be forwarded to sec2 if the phone of sec1 is out of office and has set a CFwdAll to sec2. It looks like the line group configured in CFwdNoAns/CFwdBusy is preffered before the CFwdAll-setting from the phone user. Is this a normal behaviour?

Hi Marcus,

This is normal behaviour. Call Forward settings on individual Hunt member phones are ignored when presented a call via the Hunt feature. Here is a clip;

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco CallManager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) or Call Forward Busy (CFB) settings for the attempted party. This also applies to CFWD ALL settings.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp107892

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

in our case the line of the secretary is configured with the number of the hunt pilot in the CFNA und CFB settings. As I understand if the user configures a CFWDALL to another destination with his phone softkey this setting is ignored and the call is forwarded to the hunt pilot anyway. But how can the secretary handle the situation when she's out of office? More difficult: when both secretaries are out of office and the call has to be forwarded to a third secretary?

Marcus

Is the idea the following

Sec 1 is Busy,CFNA call to go to Sec2 , Sec 2 does not answer or busy go to AA

Sec 2 is Cusy, CFNA call to go to Sec1 , Sec 1 does not answer or busy go to AA

If Sec 1 is on leave, out of the office you want the call to go to Sec2 and follow the above

If Sec 2 is on leave, out of the office you want the call to go to Sec1 and follow the above

If both Sec`s are out of the office go to sec 3 ?

Excuse the wording but how are the sec`s used- do they have managers in that the real issue is that a call to the boss if not answered go to Sec1 and then follow the above again or is it for any call to the sec`s . Are you concerned if DID/ DDI calls for Sec go to their Voice Mail or do they need to follow the forwarding as well

Is Sec 3 constant or do they change

You are absolutly right. The secs have managers and the goal is to answer every call by the 2 secs or at last by the attendant. The use of a voice box is not desired by the managers. Sec 3 can be any available secretary, this is not constant.

I recently had to go through the same exercise

To get it to work correctly you need for the Sec`s to use Mobility

Create a Hunt Group pilot for SEC1 and assign SEC2 and the AA in that order - top down

Have CFA, CFB on the boss phone to this Hunt Pilot

This will follow what yuo want

If you wanted the boss to have they own VM in the event than either the Secs or AA do not answer the call in time then set the Call Forward No Coverage on the Boss`s phone to VM and set the use personal preference setting on the Pilot Hunt DN config. page - under Hunt Forwards Settings- this way if the call is not answered within the Hunt group after x sec- you need to play with this on the Pilot Hunt Group configuration page, it will use the setting of the Boss i.e the Call Forward No Coverage - VM

Now if you want to solve the issue of the PA`s at lunch/ leave - don`t let them but if you must .

Create a new Mobility user ( Out of office) with two lines - Line 1, Line2

Use the same Hunt group as above but now add the new Mobility user but only add Line 1 in the line group and make shall it is the first choice in the top down order

Usage

When Sec 1 is out ofthe office, lunch etc , tell them to log out of their device and tell Sec 3 to call forward all their phone to line 2 as assigned to the new Mobility user (Out of office). Get Sec 3 to log out of their own device and log back in again with the new Mobility user. The handset will now have the two lines 1 & 2

By the Sec1 logging out of their phone will remove them from the Hunt group automatically and the call from the boss will go to the Pilot Hunt group which now rings the New Mobility user first and if they do not answered will go to AA as before. The Call Forward all for Sec3 to Line 2 will allow them to still take calls on their own line via line 2 of the New Mobility user

The Logging off by Sec 1 may not be required if you have the version of CCM which allows for hunt group log out

hope it helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: