two CCME systems but only one CUE

Unanswered Question
Jul 29th, 2008

hi I have two callmanager express systems but only one unity express. Can the other ccme without CUE use the CUE on the other system?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Ayodeji oladipo... Tue, 07/29/2008 - 02:49

I am sorry but Cisco UE can provide voice mail to only a single Cisco CME site. You cannot "centralize" one Cisco UE system to provide voice mail to multiple remote Cisco CME sites, as you can do with a Cisco Unity system.

HTH, pls rate useful posts

rob.huffman Tue, 07/29/2008 - 04:20

Hi Colin/Deji

Just thought I should throw this into the mix. I believe this restriction has been lifted with CUE 3.2;

Deji, you are correct on the CUE references. Here is the "old" info;

Cisco Unity Express must be installed on each Cisco CME host router. Cisco Unity Express cannot provide voice-mail services across Cisco CME routers.

Here is the new info (I don't think CUE 3.2 is out quite yet - but soon I hope);

Q. What are the new features introduced with Cisco Unity Express 3.2?

A. Cisco Unity Express 3.2 introduces the following enhancements:

• Integration with multiple Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express sites: Cisco Unity Express (on NME-CUE only) can integrate with up to 10 Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express remote sites. This solution allows centralized voicemail and Automated-Attendant features for up to 10 sites when voicemail at each remote site branch is not essential and there is a small number of users at each site.

Q. Which releases of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express will be supported with Cisco Unity Express Release 3.2?

A. Cisco Unity Express **will be supported with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Releases 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3.

Cisco Unity Express Release Notes

Hope this helps!

This Discussion