Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using G.729 Prompt on a b-acd script

Hello,

My problem is this one:

On a Cisco H323 gateway, I receive calls with G729 Codec from a VOIP Operator. I have a tcl script like an b-acd script for this incomings calls. The problem is that the audio prompt are encoding as G711ulaw, so I can't hear nothing of this prompts.

I have try to translate this prompt to G729 with the Call Manager, but the gateway refused to charge this prompts.

Is it possible to use G729 on the Gateway? Or i have the obligation to use transcoding? In this case, someone can explain me how to do it?

Thanks very much for your help

Baptiste Croizer

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

WIth H.323 gateway you dont need a xcoder.

Try this,

conf t

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g711ulaw

codec preference 2 g729r8

then apply the voice class on the apriopriate dial-peer

eg

dial-peer voice 100 voip

description *** uk-cucm-sub ***

preference 1

destination-pattern 10..

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind progress enable 8

voice-class codec 1

HTH.

Please rate all useful posts

Hello,

But my problem is that I receive the Call as G729, and I don't want to change this.

But the problem is that I can't hear the audio prompt who are on the Gw, because there are encoding with G711

So on the incoming dial-peer, I have configured G729 Codec, because If I use G711, I can hear the prompt, but next the transfer is not working

xamkookmax
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i'm solved this problem.

I take pre-recorded audio file in g729 codec format.

It`s work for all situation, if call comming from PSTN or VoIP.

If you wish know more write me mmv(dog)dsmail.ru

i tried doing this by translating the audio file in CUCM to g729a, and the router gave me an error. I am wondering how you accomplished this. The error I get is:

LA_CUBE_2851#audio-prompt load flash:en_BranchOfficeTCL.g729.wav

Reload of flash:en_BranchOfficeTCL.g729.wav status failed

audio-prompt flash:en_BranchOfficeTCL.g729.wav not loaded - open (or format) failure

LA_CUBE_2851#

*Nov 6 02:52:31.553: %IVR_MSB-3-NOPROMPT: Could not create IVR prompt

flash:en_BranchOfficeTCL.g729.wav

errno=0=Unsupported codec type

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: