cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Only one Apple iPhone will connect to wireless network at a time. Help

WaynePlotkin
Level 1
Level 1

I have multiple employees' with Apple iPhone's and we can only get one connect to the wireless network at a time. I have the 4402 wireless controller with 1131AG access points. The wireless network security is using a static WEP key with 104 bits key.

Like I said if one iPhone is connect the other one can't connect. If I turn off WIFI on the connected phone the other iPhone will connect. However while the iPhone is connect other wireless devices like laptops can connect without a problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

4 Replies 4

jason.eberhard
Level 1
Level 1

Wow that is really weird. I have 8 iPhones connected to my WLAN at once with no issues.

We are using WPA-EAP though and not WEP.

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have NAT-T blocked anywhere? Maybe one the Vlan where the wireless is assigned? If the one person disconnects from VPN can the other connect?

This sounds like UDP 4500 blockage somewhere.

104 WEP is not wifi complaint between vendors... but with that being said the apple forums is filled with issues with connecting with WEP.... using 2.0 and 2.01 software.

use WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK.....

You are correct I used WPA with the AAA server set to my Win2K3 RADIUS server. This allows users to authenticate to the wireless network with their domain account. This works much better then using a static WEP and a lot more secure and easier to administer.

Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card