Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM Group list contains 5 records

Hi,

Have a curious question.

Call Manager/Communications Manager Group can be populated with up to 3 (three) Call Managers.

While I'm using IP Phone menu 'Settings | Device Configuration | CallManager Configuration',

I can see that the resulting list contains 5 (five) records.

What for there is 5 records, if the maximum CM Group quantity cannot run over 3 records ?

3 Replies 3

csco11063007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think ,First 3 Point to the Callmangers in the subscribed CCM group ,4 th one point to the tftp server where it will register if these 3 callmanagers are unavailable and last (5th) always point to the srst reference.

HTH

Csco11063007,

Phones do not register with TFTP server!

The first 3 points to your callmanager, the 4th onw will show your srst refrence if its configured, the 5th is not used.

Someone told me that you can have 2 srst reference, I have not confirmed this. So I stick with the theory that the 5th is not used.

Please rate all useful posts

Please check this useful document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7970g_7971g-ge/english/3_3_3/english/administration/guide/HEADset.html

Check following paragraph in the same document:Device Configuration Menu

The Device Configuration menu provides options for viewing and making a variety of settings that are not network related. Table 4-2 describes these options and, where applicable, explains how to change them.

For information about how to access the Device Configuration menu, see the "Displaying a Configuration Menu" section.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: