cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing outgoing calling number ID

pbaustin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, I have a scenario where a call from unity gets passed back into callmanager and then onwards through a MGCP E1 gateway. The call however, has the correct called number but the calling number in the debug isdn q931 trace shows the CTI port from unity and the number on the end users screen is in the format 90XXXXXXXXXX. The 90 is added for all incoming gateways so that it looks Ok to dial back from the phone received/missed calls directory. What I need to do is to remove the leading 9 from the calls that go out via certain callpattern or route group. I'm not 100% sure on the the calling numbering plan is going to change.

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you explain better how the call got to unity.

I have a scenario in my office where when users dial me and im not available, it goes to voice mail and there they have an option to press 1 to reach me instead of leaving a voice message. When they press 1 unity dials my mobile number...And the caller id shows.

Please rate all useful posts

well I have a CTI port and set call forward all to VM

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I guess I understand you now.

In that case whay you have to do is create Route patterns for this call with something like 9.XXXXXXXX and then on the discard digit instructions, use a predot. So the 9 is discarded before the call is passed to the gaetway...

I hope this is what you mean..If not let me know

No - there is no route pattern for 9.XXX etc.

the call is from say 07778530457, CCM adds a 9 to the calling number so that it looks OK from the phones's received calls directory. But when I call a particular CTI port that has CFA to Unity, it plays the message and then passes it back into CCM with a called number of 538499, this is routed out of an E1 port to the end system PBX. The problem I have is that in the Q931 trace the calling number is say 87002 (extension of Unity CTI port) BUT on the end system, the calling number is 907778530457. So I need somehow to be able to remove the 9 - just on these particular E1 port.

Thanks

The challenge with this is that, the digit manipulation to add the 9 for redial purposes is done based on incoming calls to the gateway not a "call type".

If you want all calls on only this E1 then you can make the chnages only on the ednpoint in callmanager

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: